IUB Actions Taken in Response to the 2010 UITS User Satisfaction Survey
We value your survey responses. Each year your judgments help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2010 survey include:
- Evaluated, purchased and implemented performance monitoring tools for Oncourse and made load testing a routine part of the software development process.
- Established IT Student Ambassadors to more fully involve undergraduate and graduate students in UITS initiatives and operations.
- Get application to make it more convenient to use.
- Created two new experimental classrooms in collaboration with the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, Residential Programs and Services (RPS), and Space Management.
- Installed a new phone interface in the Support Center which routes callers to IT staff most skilled in their area of interest.
- Upgraded the campus networks in high usage areas.
- Provided more information about IT services in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr.
- Developed a mobile application for the iPhone and Android devices.
- Implemented the Health Sciences Network to provide better connectivity across IU Health and IU schools and departments.
- Renovated the Business/SPEA Information Commons in partnership between the IU Libraries, Kelley School of Business, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, and Residential Programs and Services.
- Developed plans for a student portal that combines data from Oncourse and Onestart into one view.
- Upgraded the Oncourse Forums tool to provide performance enhancements.
- Signed a three year contract with lynda.com to provide online IT training available to students, faculty, and staff at no charge.
- Implemented a new version of Exchange e mail to improve functionality.
- Expanded online training offerings and offered more workshop materials for free download.
- Removed security requirements from Crestron classroom presentation equipment in classrooms for more convenient and effective use of instructional technology.