IUPUI Actions Taken in Response to the 2010 UITS User Satisfaction Survey
We value your survey responses. Each year your judgments help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2010 survey include:
- Provided more information about IT services in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr.
- Get application to make it more convenient to use.
- Developed a mobile application for the iPhone and Android devices.
- Expanded online training offerings and offered more workshop materials for free download.
- Upgraded the campus networks in high usage areas.
- Created an experimental classroom to encourage technology-rich collaboration.
- Upgraded the Oncourse Forums tool to provide performance enhancements.
- Implemented the Health Sciences Network to provide better connectivity across IU Health and IU schools and departments.
- Removed security requirements from Crestron classroom presentation equipment in classrooms for more convenient and effective use of instructional technology.
- Established IT Student Ambassadors to more fully involve undergraduate and graduate students in UITS initiatives and operations.
- Developed plans for a student portal that combines data from Oncourse and Onestart into one view.
- Installed a new phone interface in the Support Center which routes callers to IT staff most skilled in their area of interest.
- Signed a three year contract with lynda.com to provide online IT training available to students, faculty, and staff at no charge.
- Redesigned the 24x7 Student Technology Center (IT 131).
- Implemented a new version of Exchange e mail to improve functionality.
- Evaluated, purchased and implemented performance monitoring tools for Oncourse and made load testing a routine part of the software development process.