Actions Taken in Response to the 2011 Survey
We value your survey responses. Each year your judgments help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to 2011 survey include:
- Implemented “new model - SaaS” STC lab technologies (IUanyWARE) that allow students, faculty, and staff access to over 100 applications that were previously only available in the physical labs.
- Addressed quality and metrics of Support Center services through new staff position and improvements in online support methods.
- Created team of residential tech consultants and improved move-in tech help for Residence Hall IT support.
- Created new learning spaces to meet academic needs and increase access to collaborative space (UC101, ET lower level).
- Expanded the reach of IT Training through offering materials for download, increased workshop offerings (i.e. free pilot program for faculty and staff), development of new training modalities, and creation of specific training for UITS technology initiatives (eText, Unicom/Lync, IUanyWARE).
- Created the Collaboration Technologies unit to make use of collaboration tools and technologies, including the implementation of the Echo360 Lecture Capture system.
- Tuned and fixed bugs in Oncourse to provide more operating stability.
- Continued development of Kuali, including changes and developments in OneStart, library searches, and the Travel module.
- Implemented the large memory Mason cluster, and obtained NSF funding to create the National Center for Genome Analysis Support.
- Upgraded wired and wireless networks for improved stability and support of more devices.