Baseline Services Survey
Baseline Services Survey
IUB's instructional and non-instructional units are both affected by the decreases of state funding support to the institution. Baseline services, which are provided through non-instructional units, are primarily funded through assessments as part of the RCM system. In 2011 the RCM Review Committee recommended a review of baseline services take place "...in an effort to become more cost effective through collaboration and shared services," (pg. 16)1. A committee comprised of members of the Bloomington Faculty Council and Bloomington Budget Administration & Planning staff will complete the review and draft a final report. Per the RCM Review Committee's recommendations, the overall goals of the baseline services review are to:
- gather a greater understanding of current services;
- achieve organizational efficacy central to the mission of Indiana University Bloomington; and
- identify opportunities for collaboration across support and academic units.
The current higher education environment is changing constantly. With this in mind the committee seeks to accomplish the goals set forth by the RCM review committee and produce recommendations that both improve the provision of baseline services and complements the core academic mission of the institution. Collaboration of services, not cutting of services, is the goal.
The baseline services survey is meant to help us accomplish these goals. Kindly answer the questions provided and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
The Baseline Services Review Commitee
- Roger Levesque, Professor, Criminal Justice
- Aimee Heeter, Director, Bloomington Budget Planning & Development
- Donald Gjerdingen, Professor, Maurer School of Law
- Maynard Thompson, Special Assistant to the Provost
- Maxine Watson, Associate Dean, Graduate School
- R.J. Woodring, Associate Director, Bloomington Budget Planning & Development
1 1 RCM Review Reports - When RCM was introduced in 1990, it was anticipated that the system would evolve through modification. Three previous RCM Review Committees have analyzed the system and made a number of recommendations that were implemented in 1996-97, 2000-01, and 2005-06. In 2011, the Bloomington Campus entered its 20th year under RCM. The reports along with other information on RCM can be found at: http://www.indiana.edu/~vpcfo/RCM/index.shtml
- Survey Released: January 2, 2013
- Responses Due: Thursday, January 31, 2013 (*See instructions below)
- Responses Reviewed: February
- March: First draft of report available
Directions to upload your completed Baseline Services Survey
- Please submit your final report as a Word document with the following name: "The name of your unit_Baseline Review.doc"
a. Example: ExecutiveManagement_BaselineReview.doc
- From a computer on the IU network (not home device), click \\bl-dsa-pv1.ads.iu.edu\dropbox$
- Copy file to the folder
- After a file is copied, it cannot be deleted or updated from the folder
- If you need assistance with the file upload or if you need to replace the uploaded file, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to open Print Survey
Click to open RCM review document
Send Us an Email
and R.J. Woodring