Calls for Papers and Proposals
- The online Journal of Political Science and International Relations is currently accepting manuscripts for publication. OJPSIR publishes high-quality solicited and unsolicited articles, in English, in all areas of the subject pertaining to, Africa's relationship to the world, public policy, international relations, comparative politics, political methodology, political theory, political history and culture, global political economy, strategy and environment. All papers published by OJPSIR are peer-reviewed after which they undergo revision by the author. Upon receipt of the revised article from the author, same undergo final evaluation before publication. OJPSIR is a rapid response journal with an issue published every month. Our objective is to publish manuscript(s) that meets the requirement for publication within a MONTH of submission. All published articles are to remain forever on our site. We also give hard (printed) copies upon request. Please visit http://www.globalresearchjournals.org/?a=journal&id=gjpsir for more details.
Conferences and Workshops
- IASC 2013: 14th Global Conference of the International Association for the Study of the Commons, June 3-7, 2013, Mt. Fuji, JAPAN. The theme for the conference is “Commoners and the Changing Commons: Livelihood, Environmental Security, and Shared Knowledge.” Abstracts deadline: October 31, 2012.
- 5th National Conference on Ecosystem Restoration (NCER), Chicago, IL, July 29 - August 2, 2013. Abstracts deadline: January 7, 2013.
- The Workshop on the Ostrom Workshop (WOW5) conference will be held June 18-21, 2014, at Indiana University Bloomington. Working groups wishing to reserve meeting rooms for speaker panels should be self-organizing and making contact with Gayle Higgins (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get on the WOW5 draft agenda.
Fellowships and Grants
Ongoing Grant Opportunities
- American Association of University Women
- American Council of Learned Societies
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Ford Foundation
- Fulbright Program
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Global Fund for Women
- The Inter-American Foundation (IAF). Funding for the self-help efforts of grassroots groups in Latin America and the Caribbean to improve living conditions of the disadvantaged and the excluded, enhance their capacity for decision-making and self-governance, and develop partnerships with the public sector, business and civil society. Awards between $25,000 and $400,000. Deadline: anytime, only one proposal per group per year.
- International Community Foundation
- International Development Research Centre
- International Federation of University Women
- International Foundation for Science
- International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)
- Kellogg Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- McDonnell Foundation
- Mellon Foundation
- National Science Foundation. Political Science Program - PD 98-1371. Deadlines (annually): August 15, January 15. Economics Program - PD 98-1320. Deadlines (annually): August 18, January 18.
Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH). Deadline: Full Proposal Deadline Date: November 20, 2012. Third Tuesday in November, Annually Thereafter.
- Open Society Institute
- Packard Foundation
- Tinker Foundation
Fellowships and Grants for Grads and Post-Docs Only
Job and Internship Announcements
- Assistant Professor of Rural Sociology – Sustainable Development, Division of Applied Social Sciences (DASS), College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR), University of Missouri. Visit http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/index.php to submit an application. Questions regarding this position should be directed to: Dr. David O’Brien (email@example.com). Screening of applications will begin April 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
- Academic Keys: The Higher Ed Job Site For Academics
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. Links to recently posted jobs at CGIAR centers.
- Development job listings: http://www.developmentex.com/oppsummary.jsp
- Fiscal and Policy Analyst, Legislative Analyst's Office, Sacramento, California.
- United Nations Development Program Internship (unpaid). Deadline: varies.
- The US Agency for International Development is looking to fill one of the most important forestry jobs the agency has--managing a multimillion dollar forest conservation and resource management project cover several countries in Central Africa called CARPE. French fluency and 10 years of experience strongly preferred. Posted 11/1/12.
- World Wildlife Fund, Washington, DC.
- AuthorAID is a pioneering program based at the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) intended to help researchers in developing countries to publish and otherwise communicate their work.
- UNDP Climate Change Profiles for Developing Countries: http://country-profiles.geog.ox.ac.uk/
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series: Minnesota Population Center. Census data from 35 countries.
- International Relations and Security Network, featuring grey literature, daily briefings, books, journals, etc. Based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich.
- CIESIN, state-of-the-art Web portal, the World Data Center (WDC) for Human Interactions in the Environment, at http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/wdc/
- The USAID Natural Resources Management Office (NRMO) has an online library comprised of the agency's projects related to biodiversity, forestry, land management and water. With summary information of more than 450 projects, the NRM online library provides users with seamless links to technical documents and current NRM initiatives related to tourism, poverty reduction, and geographic information systems (GIS). It is designed to assist USAID mission staff, contractors, and implementing partners with project planning, decision making, and research relevant to natural resource management in international development. The library is accessible through http://www.nric.net/.
- Academic Keys: Source for academic employment and professional resources in higher education.