Job and Internship Announcements
- Sofja Kovalevskaja Award: Submit an application if you are a successful top-rank junior researcher from abroad, only completed your doctorate with distinction in the last six years, and have published work in prestigious international journals or publishing houses. The Sofja Kovalevskaja Award allows you to spend five years building up a working group and working on a high-profile, innovative research project of your own choice at a research institution of your own choice in Germany. Scientists and scholars from all disciplines may apply directly to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. The Humboldt Foundation plans to grant up to eight Sofja Kovalevskaja Awards. The award is valued at up to 1.65 million EUR. The application submission deadline is September 1, 2014. The selection is scheduled for March 2015.
- The Center for the Governance of Natural Resources at University of Colorado, Boulder, seeks a Research Associate (“postdoctoral researcher”) to conduct and support interdisciplinary research related to the local governance of two different collective goods in developing countries: forest ecosystems and public health systems. The Research Associate will work under the supervision of Professor Krister Andersson and will help coordinate the data collection campaigns in selected field sites in Latin America, design field protocols, develop data-analysis plans, and train field assistants.
We are looking for colleagues with advanced skills in quantitative analysis, with preference for individuals who have experience in designing and conducting behavioral experiments (e.g., decision-making games) in rural field settings. Proficiency in Spanish is highly desirable.
For more details, and to apply, please visit https://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/79454.
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD / Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (P.R.I.M.E.). With this new programme (see attachment) and funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the European Union1 the DAAD provides support for international mobility for postdocs. Postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities, who see their long-term career in Germany, will be given the opportunity to combine the association with a German university with a research stay abroad. DAAD support measures and the possibility of continuous coordination with the German host institution shall ensure smooth re-integration following the research stay abroad.
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. Links to recently posted jobs at CGIAR centers.
- Development job listings: http://www.developmentex.com/oppsummary.jsp
- Fiscal and Policy Analyst, Legislative Analyst's Office, Sacramento, California.
- United Nations Development Program Internship (unpaid). Deadline: varies.
Fellowships and Grants
Calls for Abstracts and Papers
Conferences and Workshops
Ongoing Grant Opportunities
- American Association of University Women
- American Council of Learned Societies
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Ford Foundation
- Fulbright Program
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Global Fund for Women
- The Inter-American Foundation (IAF). Funding for the self-help efforts of grassroots groups in Latin America and the Caribbean to improve living conditions of the disadvantaged and the excluded, enhance their capacity for decision-making and self-governance, and develop partnerships with the public sector, business and civil society. Awards between $25,000 and $400,000. Deadline: anytime, only one proposal per group per year.
- International Community Foundation
- International Development Research Centre
- International Federation of University Women
- International Foundation for Science
- International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)
- Kellogg Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- McDonnell Foundation
- Mellon Foundation
- National Science Foundation. Political Science Program - PD 98–1371. Deadlines (annually): August 15, January 15. Economics Program - PD 98–1320. Deadlines (annually): August 18, January 18.
Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH). Deadline: Full Proposal Deadline Date: November 20, 2012. Third Tuesday in November, annually thereafter.
- Open Society Institute
- Packard Foundation
- Tinker Foundation
Fellowships and Grants for Grads and Post-Docs Only
- AuthorAID is a pioneering program based at the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) intended to help researchers in developing countries to publish and otherwise communicate their work.
- UNDP Climate Change Profiles for Developing Countries: http://country-profiles.geog.ox.ac.uk/
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series: Minnesota Population Center. Census data from 35 countries.
- International Relations and Security Network, featuring grey literature, daily briefings, books, journals, etc. Based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich.
- CIESIN, state-of-the-art Web portal, the World Data Center (WDC) for Human Interactions in the Environment, at http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/wdc/
- The USAID Natural Resources Management Office (NRMO) has an online library comprised of the agency's projects related to biodiversity, forestry, land management and water. With summary information of more than 450 projects, the NRM online library provides users with seamless links to technical documents and current NRM initiatives related to tourism, poverty reduction, and geographic information systems (GIS). It is designed to assist USAID mission staff, contractors, and implementing partners with project planning, decision making, and research relevant to natural resource management in international development. The library is accessible through http://www.nric.net/.
- Academic Keys: Source for academic employment and professional resources in higher education.