Job and Internship Announcements
- Postdoctoral Fellow Position Announcement
The Forests, Trees, and Agroforestry program of the CGIAR (CRP 6) and the International Forestry Resources and Institutions (IFRI) Network at the University of Michigan are jointly searching for a postdoctoral fellow for a 1- to 2-year appointment to assist in the development, enhancement, and analysis of socio-economic and forest datasets. Deadline: Send your most recent CV, names of three referees, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 15, 2013.
- Faculty position in Marine Policy and Governance, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University. Deadline: Search committee to begin reviewing applications on October 31, 2013.
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. Links to recently posted jobs at CGIAR centers.
- Development job listings: http://www.developmentex.com/oppsummary.jsp
- Fiscal and Policy Analyst, Legislative Analyst's Office, Sacramento, California.
- United Nations Development Program Internship (unpaid). Deadline: varies.
- World Wildlife Fund, Washington, DC.
Fellowships and Grants
- Call for Proposals: 2013–14 IU Collaborative Research Grants (IUCRG) program. Deadline: extended to December 10, 2013.
- Call for Proposals: 2013–14 Ostrom Grants Program, Indiana University, College of Arts & Sciences. Deadline: January 24, 2014.
- Ostrom Faculty and Graduate Student Research Award program. Deadline: January 31, 2014
- Department of Health and Human Services, Food & Drug Administration, FDA Small Scientific Conference Grant Program (R13) Modification 1
- Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program (P42) Grant
- ERC Starting Grants, European Research Council. To help early-career top researchers of any nationality in all fields of research, including social sciences and humanities, to pursue innovative ideas at the frontiers of knowledge. Applicants must be working—or moving to work—in host institutions in Europe. Deadline: annually in the fall.
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program: Institute of International Education. For mid-career scholars from developing countries to spend a year at selected US universities. Deadline: varies by eligible country.
Calls for Papers and Proposals
- The 51st Annual Public Choice Society Conference, March 6–9, 2014, Francis Marion Hotel, Charleston, SC. To submit your paper proposal, or to propose an organized session, visit the Submit Paper page starting October 14, 2013. Deadline for paper proposals: December 21, 2013.
Conferences and Workshops
Ongoing Grant Opportunities
- American Association of University Women
- American Council of Learned Societies
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Ford Foundation
- Fulbright Program
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Global Fund for Women
- The Inter-American Foundation (IAF). Funding for the self-help efforts of grassroots groups in Latin America and the Caribbean to improve living conditions of the disadvantaged and the excluded, enhance their capacity for decision-making and self-governance, and develop partnerships with the public sector, business and civil society. Awards between $25,000 and $400,000. Deadline: anytime, only one proposal per group per year.
- International Community Foundation
- International Development Research Centre
- International Federation of University Women
- International Foundation for Science
- International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)
- Kellogg Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- McDonnell Foundation
- Mellon Foundation
- National Science Foundation. Political Science Program - PD 98-1371. Deadlines (annually): August 15, January 15. Economics Program - PD 98-1320. Deadlines (annually): August 18, January 18.
Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH). Deadline: Full Proposal Deadline Date: November 20, 2012. Third Tuesday in November, annually thereafter.
- Open Society Institute
- Packard Foundation
- Tinker Foundation
Fellowships and Grants for Grads and Post-Docs Only
- AuthorAID is a pioneering program based at the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) intended to help researchers in developing countries to publish and otherwise communicate their work.
- UNDP Climate Change Profiles for Developing Countries: http://country-profiles.geog.ox.ac.uk/
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series: Minnesota Population Center. Census data from 35 countries.
- International Relations and Security Network, featuring grey literature, daily briefings, books, journals, etc. Based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich.
- CIESIN, state-of-the-art Web portal, the World Data Center (WDC) for Human Interactions in the Environment, at http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/wdc/
- The USAID Natural Resources Management Office (NRMO) has an online library comprised of the agency's projects related to biodiversity, forestry, land management and water. With summary information of more than 450 projects, the NRM online library provides users with seamless links to technical documents and current NRM initiatives related to tourism, poverty reduction, and geographic information systems (GIS). It is designed to assist USAID mission staff, contractors, and implementing partners with project planning, decision making, and research relevant to natural resource management in international development. The library is accessible through http://www.nric.net/.
- Academic Keys: Source for academic employment and professional resources in higher education.