Writers' Conference 2013
We encourage early registration for workshop participants. This year we have transitioned to an online registration system. Please read the following instructions before clicking on the "REGISTER" link below. You will also find detailed instruction as you fill out the online registration form.
How to Register
- A $50 nonrefundable registration fee is required; we cannot process your application without it. This fee will be applied to your final bill.
- The cost for a WORKSHOP is $550 (which includes all classes).
- For CLASSES ONLY, the cost is $300.
- If you are applying for a workshop you must provide a manuscript along with your application.
- THE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE IS APRIL 15, 2013.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are applying for a scholarship, you need only pay the $50.00 registration fee at this time. After scholarship decisions have been made, you will return to the registration link below to pay the balance of your tuition. We will give you detailed instructions about how to proceed at that time.
- You do not need to submit a manuscript if you are only applying for CLASSES ONLY.
If you are applying for a fiction workshop with Arthur Phillips, or a poetry workshop with Cathy Bowman, you will need to submit a manuscript. This will be the manuscript that we will send to your workshop teacher; it will also be the same manuscript that YOU distribute to members of your workshop at the conference.
Prose workshop manuscripts should not exceed 25 double-spaced pages; and poetry manuscripts should not exceed 10 pages.
All manuscripts must have:
- your name
- the genre of the submission
- your contact information printed only on a title page
We have limited, merit-based scholarship funding. You may apply for a scholarship whether you are taking CLASSES ONLY or participating in a fiction or poetry WORKSHOP. To apply, you must submit a manuscript. The manuscript you submit for scholarship consideration may be the same as the manuscript you submit to your workshop, or you can submit one manuscript for scholarship consideration and a different one for workshop distribution. Please designate your preference.
Send all manuscripts to:
1020 E. Kirkwood Ave
Ballantine Hall 470
Bloomington, IN 47405
You should keep a copy of the manuscript you submit for workshop; the conference will not be responsible for lost manuscripts.