Resources for Learning More about Plagiarism
Additional Resources for Learning in this Tutorial
- Hints: logic for how to recognize plagiarism
- Indiana University criteria: decision table.
- Simple diagram: how to avoid plagiarism.
- Patterns of plagiarism: examples of 15 types of plagiarism and 3 types of non-plagiarism with detailed explanations.
- Document used in the demonstration videos with color coding of elements: word-for-word quotations, paraphrasing, citation elements, and parts of references.
- Document used in the demonsration videos with no color coding: PDF illustrates proper citations for direct quotes and paraphrasing, and references in APA Style (American Psychological Association)--no color coding.
- Frequently asked questions: and their answers
These are links to external websites
APA Style: American Psychological Association
Booth, W. C., Colomb, G. G., Williams, J. M., Bizup, J., & FitzGerald, W. T. (2016). The craft of research (4th. Ed.). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
Online Writing Lab: Purdue University (OWL)
Plagiarism.org: understanding plagiarism, citing sources, ...
Writing Tutorial Services: tutoring and writing guides at Indiana University Bloomington