Skip to main content
Indiana University Bloomington

Images of China, Japan, Korea

Application for Special Credit

Before completing this form, please read the policy information below. 

EALC Policy on Special Credit

In order to earn special credit in Chinese, Japanese or Korean, students must:
Take an EALC administered placement test.

For students who enrolled at IU before Summer 2013:

For students who enrolled at IU after Summer 2013:

Please Note:

If you feel you have met the criteria for receiving special credit, click on the Next button to answer the questions.  We will then verify all information, and if your application is approved, we authorize you for the appropriate credits.  Your special credits will be reported to the Recorder’s Office in the College of Arts and Sciences.