R695 & R795, Spring 2014
Research Seminar in IST and Dissertation Proposal Preparation
- Update your Doctoral Student Information Sheet about your current research groups, program advisory committee, etc. Dowload it from your Dossier. Edit it, save it, and upload back to your Dossier.
- You are required to attend all sessions of R795 meetings during the semester (5-7 will be scheduled with your instructor at arranged times different from when the R695 colloquium discussions are held). You will undergo your 3rd Dossier Review (with your program advisory committee). See the Dossier Handbook.
- You should complete your R795 proposal (25-50 pages plus references), ready for the 3rd Dossier Review. This R795 proposal is the epitome of your dissertation proposal and should contain:
- Statement of the problem
- Justification of the significance of the problem
- Identification of the gap in knowledge which your proposed research study will address by a critical review of pertinent literature and relevant theory
- At least one research question
- Methods--description of how you will answer the question:
- Research design and method
- Data collection procedures/instruments
- Analysis method
Department of Instructional Systems Technology
School of Education
Indiana University Bloomington