BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA (http://www.visitbloomington.com)
The community of Bloomington with a population of over 80,000 residents offers the sophistication of a major cultural center with international-caliber performances in opera, theater, music and dance. It is a quintessential college town offering an intimate, walkable, friendly and safe community.
Guests attending the Institute will find that downtown Bloomington is alive and vibrant as residents and college students alike stroll through the downtown galleries and visit the many pubs, cafes, shops, local restaurants, live music and comedy clubs well into the evening hours.
IU BLOOMIINGTON (www.indiana.edu)
The Bloomington campus is a careful blend of traditional and modern architecture, using local limestone to create a park-like environment. Walkways meander alongside streams, through woods and along tree-lined paths. Consistently recognized among the most beautiful campuses in the United States, Indiana University is beautiful and easy to navigate.
While attending the Institute, you would be well served to visit some of the Bloomington campuses’ many cultural attractions:
- IU Art Museum (https://artmuseum.indiana.edu)
- Grunwald Gallery of Art (http://www.indiana.edu/~grunwald)
- Lilly Library of rare books and manuscripts (http://www.indiana.edu/~liblilly)
- Musical Arts Center (http://www.music.indiana.edu/about/performance-halls/index.shtml)
- The Kinsey Institute (https://www.kinseyinstitute.org/)
- IU Auditorium (http://www.iuauditorium.com)
- Mathers Museum of World Cultures (http://www.indiana.edu/~mathers)
- IU Theatre (http://www.indiana.edu/~thtr/index.shtml)
- IU Cinema (http://www.cinema.indiana.edu/)
In addition to the many walking and running paths throughout the campus, there are two indoor sports complexes which provide an opportunity for indoor running/walking track, handball, racquetball, outdoor tennis courts, weight room and basketball courts. Moderately priced day passes are available for purchase for guests visiting the campus. Check out facilities and schedules at: http://www.recsports.indiana.edu/
An outdoor swimming pool is open during the summer months with opportunities to purchase guest passes to use the pool.