Korean Placement & Proficiency Examination
Thank you for taking a Korean placement and proficiency test. This is not a test for your grade. The purpose of the test is to help you find an appropriate Korean language class. Therefore, you do not have to use improper methods in order to increase your score.
Internet Browser for the test
Old Internet Explorer (IE 7 or 8) is NOT recommended: The test is optimized to all browsers EXCEPT old versions of IE. If you use the IE 7 or 8, it is strongly recommended to use other browsers such as IE 9 or 10, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera. Please, copy the url and paste it to other browsers address bar:
- If you use IE 9 or 10, you might have a pop-up window at each page. In order to take a test properly, you must click "Show all content" button at the bottom of the page.
- The test contains Audio/Video Files. The test requires either a speaker or a headphone.
- Please play both audio and video files and adjust the volume of your computer.
- The audio/video playback function is working on the Adobe Flash Player. If the video file is not properly played, please check your computer whether the Flash Player is working.
- It may take up to 30 seconds to load video/audio files. If you cannot play right after the page loaded, please wait for a while.
- If the player does not work, DO NOT proceed, and contact Korean@indiana.edu
- This is an adaptive test which means that the numbers and difficulties of questions will be automatically adjusted. Please, just do your best. As mentioned in your email, the test may take approximately 20-90 minutes.
- Each page has time limit based on the number of questions. The clock for time limit is located in the upper right corner.