Send Feedback
Do researchers on my grant from other institutions have to take the IU CITI Modules?

IU will accept completion of approved Human Subjects training/education from the non-affiliated investigator’s institution in lieu of completion of the IU CITI modules. This would include completion of CITI at another institution, or completion of another education mechanism at the investigator’s institution. If a non-affiliated investigator has not completed Human Subjects training/education at another institution, they would need to complete IU CITI modules to meet the education requirement. For guidance on how to get started taking the IU CITI modules, please see CITI FAQ: How do I get started?

For VA investigators, IU will accept completion of the VA CITI in lieu of the IU CITI course. Please submit the VA CITI completion report to the IU Human Subjects Office with the study submission as proof of completion. If you have not completed the VA or IU CITI modules, please complete the VA modules first. For more information on VA CITI requirements, please contact Liz Swiezy:

« Return to previous FAQs page