Send Feedback
An Indian foreign national who is on sabbatical from an Indian organization that is on the Entity List wants to work with our firm in our executive training program where we will discuss proprietary technology which is not controlled to India. We have had an ongoing exchange of executives and scientists from this organization for years. Do I require a license?

Yes, you are required to apply for a deemed export license. Under the sanctions imposed by the U.S. Government, any export which includes transfers of technology to foreign nationals requires a license to organizations on the Entity List. Because the Indian foreign national is still employed by the organization that is on the Entity List, a technology transfer to him or her is considered a technology transfer to the employer organization. Note that the sanctions apply to any technology subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).

« Return to previous FAQs page