Send Feedback
Our university does research under U.S. government sponsorship. We may have foreign national researchers working on this. Is a deemed export license required?

Under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. government sponsored research is handled very much like corporate sponsored research. It may be "fundamental research", or it may be proprietary (See Question 22). See §§ 734.8 and 734.11 of the EAR for details. In addition, some U.S. government data my be subject to separate restrictions on dissemination such as security classification.

« Return to previous FAQs page