Send Feedback
Do I have to disclose all outside compensation I receive, and every share of stock in my portfolio?

You only need to disclose if the outside compensation or ownership interest (including stock holdings) from a given source if the compensation or ownership interest:

• meets the definition of “significant financial interest,” above, and
• reasonably would appear to affect, or be affected by, your University responsibilities.  If your research field is nutrition, you do not have to disclose stock ownership in Ford Motor Company. If your area of academic responsibilities is software products and in your individual capacity you serve as a consultant for Microsoft and are paid at least $5,000, you should disclose your outside consulting income.

Also, you do not have to disclose those assets held in mutual funds since those funds are typically not self directed.

« Return to previous FAQs page