Letter from the Director: New Directions

JoyceMan

Dear Friends of the RCCPB,

It is with gratitude to all supporters of the Center that I report that I have decided to step down from the position of the Director of the RCCPB when my current term ends on June 30, 2017, due to my other commitments and plans. I would like to refocus efforts on my own research and on the School of Public and Environmental Affairs’ newly developing China-focused academic programs. My thanks to the deans of SGIS and SPEA for their support of my decision. The future of the Center now lays with the leadership of SGIS and SPEA.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to lead the Center through such a fruitful period. By hosting events in Bloomington and Beijing, collaborating with visiting scholars, and developing original research on China’s public policy, we worked to make the RCCPB a hub for the study of contemporary China here at IU. I am proud of what the Center has accomplished during this period. For more information about the activity of the Center during my term, please see the included report.

Our wonderful advisory board members, talented scholars and students affiliated with the Center have rendered my time as Director pleasant and productive. I would like to thank you all for the guidance and commitment you have shown over the years to building a community of China-focused scholarship here in the heart of the Midwest. I hope that we will continue to receive your support for our efforts to contribute to this same scholarly community.

Best Regards,

Joyce Yanyun Man, Ph.D.
Director, Research Center for Chinese Politics and Business
Associate Professor of Economics and Public Policy
School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University

Read Prof. Man’s Formal Letter

Read the RCCPB Activity Report

Posted in From the Director.