In Sakai 2.6, how do I add a layout?
Note: If you are a system administrator, be advised that any layout that you add to the Portfolio Admin site automatically becomes available to all sites on your instance.
To add a portfolio layout to a site:
- Add the files for this layout to Resources.
- Access the Portfolio Layouts tool.
- If the Portfolio Layouts home page is not displayed, click the
reset button ( ).
- In the Portfolio Layouts menu bar near the top of the screen,
Add. You will see the Add Layout screen.
- In the "Display Name" field, enter a meaningful name for the
layout. This is the name that will display to site participants when
they create portfolios. This entry is required. If desired, enter a
description of this layout in the "Description" field.
- Click the
Select Filelink for the "XHTML Layout File" box. You will see the Add Attachment screen.
- Select the XHTML file you need by following the instructions for
selecting an item. After you click
Continue, you will see the Add Layout screen again. The name of the file you selected is shown in the box.
- To make a preview of the layout available, click the
Select Filelink for the "Preview Image" box. You will see the Add Attachment screen. Locate the appropriate JPEG file and proceed as in step 7, above.
- To add this layout to the site, click
Add Layout. You will see the Portfolio Layouts home page. The new layout is shown in the list.
Last modified on February 19, 2013.