In Sakai 2.6, how do I export and import a wizard?
If you own more than one site, you may want to use the same wizard in two or more of them. To do so, first export the wizard to your desktop as a compressed file, and then import it to the other site(s) where you plan to use it.
Exporting a wizard
To export a wizard as a compressed file, access the Wizards tool and follow these steps:
- If the Wizards home page is not displayed, click the reset button
- Find the wizard you want to export.
Exportbelow the name of the wizard.
- The Opening File window will open; follow the instructions.
- Upload the compressed file to Resources; see Working with files in Resources.
Importing a wizard
To import a wizard from your desktop as a compressed file, access the site to which you want to import and follow these steps:
Note: Regardless of the state (e.g., published or unpublished) of the wizard on the original site, it is always imported in the unpublished state.
- Add the file to Resources; see Working with files in Resources.
- Access the Wizards tool. If the Wizards menu bar is not displayed,
click the reset button ( ).
- On the menu bar, click
Select files; the Select Item screen will display.
- Select the compressed file for the wizard by following the
instructions given for selecting an item. After you click
Finish, the Import Wizard screen will display, with the name of the file you chose displayed in the "Name" box.
Import. The imported wizard is listed on the Wizards home page; it has the same name and instructions as it had on its original site.