In Sakai 2.6, how do I complete a wizard?
A wizard is a customized collection of instructions, forms, files, and other materials that guide you through an activity. You complete the wizard as you perform the various tasks or steps that make up the activity.
To complete a wizard, you access it online, follow its instructions, record information and attach requested materials, reflect on your activities, and receive feedback. Since wizards often guide you through activities that occur over a long period of time, you may need to access a wizard several times in order to complete it.
To access a wizard and complete it, in the Wizards tool:
- If the Wizards home page is not displayed, click the reset button
- Click the name of the wizard you want to work with to see the
introductory screen for the wizard you chose.
- The top section of the screen shows the name of the wizard. In this section, you may also see an explanation of the wizard's purpose, instructions for completing the wizard, and helpful examples of the wizard in its completed form.
- The middle section contains the various items you will work with as you complete the wizard. All of the items you can access are shown in blue.
- The bottom section provides an opportunity for you to reflect on this activity and your experience of it.
- To access linked web pages or attached files shown on this screen
and in other parts of the wizard, click the appropriate URLs or file
- Following the instructions provided on this screen, access items
in the wizard by clicking their names. Each time you click a name, you
will see a screen containing the information and forms you need.
- To use a form, choose one of these options:
- To fill out the form and attach it, below the name of the form,
Add Form. Complete the fields, including the "Title" field (required; your entry provides a display name for your work in this form), and click
Add. The completed form is stored in the
Portfolio Interactionsfolder in your My Workspace Resources.
- If you have already filled out this form and have stored it in
Select. When you see the Resources home page, open the
Portfolio Interactionsfolder in your
My Workspace Resourcesfolder. Open the wizard, matrix, or portfolio for which you created the form, and select the form.
- To fill out the form and attach it, below the name of the form, click
- When you have completed a page that calls for submission or have
completed the entire wizard, submit the page or wizard for
evaluation. To do so, click
Submit for Evaluation.
Caution: After you submit the wizard for evaluation, you cannot access it again to make changes. Therefore, you should make sure that all of your entries are in their final form and are ready for review and comment before you submit the wizard.
- To submit the wizard now, click
Note: To return to the Wizards home page at any
Return to Wizards.