In Sakai 2.9 Forums, how do I change the template settings?
The template settings in Forums apply by default each time you create a new forum or topic, although you can override the default settings for each specific forum or topic as you create or revise them (see Creating new forums and topics or Revising or deleting a forum or topic). To change the template settings that will apply to all future forums and topics:
- In your site's menubar, click
Forums, and then click
- Set each of the following to your desired default setting:
- Forum Posting: Choose whether topics will be moderated and whether participants must post before reading others' contributions.
- Availability: Choose to display the forum immediately, or set specific dates to open and close it to participants.
- Mark All Messages in Conversations Read: Changing this setting will automatically mark messages in a given conversation as read when the first message in the conversation is opened.
- Permissions: For more about the permission settings you can modify, see Controlling access in Forums.
Saveto save your changes.