- Research interests: spanning 5 decades
- TIE: Theory of Totally Integrated Education (February, 2017)
- Educology: knowledge of education (2015 - present)
- Indiana University Plagiarism Tutorial and Tests: 14 Years of Worldwide Learning Online (January, 2017)
- MOOCs for Research: The Case of the Indiana University Plagiarism Tutorials and Tests (2016). Technology, Knowledge and Learning, 21(2), 255-276, DOI 10.1007/s10758-016-92 88-6.
- Stop Punishing Teachers: What We Should Be Doing Instead to Improve Education (2016)
- MAPSAT: Map & Analyze Patterns and Structures Across Time (1974 - present)
- SimEd: Simulating Educational Systems (1994 - present)
- IDCL: Instructional Design for Complex Learning (2005 - present)
- Web Design Praxiology: principles for creating effective informational and instructional websites
- Research publications (1978 - present)
- Research groups (2005 - present)
- All courses (1983 - 2012)
- Recent courses (2008 - 2012)
- Examples of Web-Based Instruction and Student Learning: that I have developed or directed
- What is Plagiarism at Indiana University? Short quiz for a quick self-test (10 min.)
- How to Recognize Plagiarism: Tutorial and a test on word-for-word and paraphrasing plagiarism (about 45 minutes; if you pass the test you get a certificate).
- The Cost of Borrowing Money: Did you know that if you borrow $50,000 at 8% interest, and pay it back over 20 years, you will pay over $50,000 in total interest! Change numbers and see what happens.
- Make Decisions with Sequential Observations: How quickly can you choose one alternative over another by sequential sampling? Demonstration of Bayesian reasoning with Wald's Sequential Probability Ratio Test (SPRT).
- The Diffusion Simulation Game (Version 1) (with R641 Project Team): How many teachers can you get to adopt an innovation? (about an hour or less for each time you play, works in any browser)
- The Diffusion Simulation Game (Version 2 Beta): (with SimEd Research Group): Same game as Version 1, but incorporates a redesigned user interface to speed up play (requires browser with Flash player and display resolution of 1024x768 or higher).
- The Diffusion Simulation Game (Version 3 Alpha): (by Jake Enfield as part of his dissertation research which I directed): Multiple games with varied content, sequenced from simple to complex--developed with the 4C/ID model (requires browser with Flash player and display resolution of 1024x768 or higher).
- Major service at IU
- A sample of an online dossier for promotion and tenure: based on excellence in service (IU authentication required).