From Academic Guide
This document has been archived on the BFC site. See current list of IUB academic policies here.
TRUSTEES’ TEACHING AWARD
(Approved: Trustees 2/23/2001)
Be it Resolved by the Board of Trustees of Indiana University, that:
- 1. The Teaching Excellence Recognition Award (TERA) is abolished.
- 2. The Trustees’ Teaching Award is hereby established.
- 3. The Trustees’ Teaching Award shall be awarded before the completion of each academic year, beginning with 2000–2001, to the following:
- a. tenured and tenure-track faculty, and
- b. full-time lecturer and clinical faculty whose primary duty is teaching, who have demonstrated that they are the best teachers.
- 4. The recipients of the award shall receive the sum of $2,500.00.
- 5. Winners of the Trustees’ Teaching Award are eligible to receive the award in subsequent years.
- 6. The chancellor/provost of each campus, after consulting with elected faculty representatives, shall:
- a. determine whether the awards shall be given at the campus level by schools.
- b. establish rules so that the method of selecting the winners is fair.
- c. disseminate widely the availability of the award and the criteria for selection.
- d. provide a means to recognize the winners, which shall, at a minimum, include a permanent plaque.
- 7. The money heretofore dedicated to the TERA awards is now dedicated to fund the Trustees’ Teaching Award on each campus for six percent (6%) of tenured and tenure-track faculty and six percent (6%) of full-time lecturer and clinical faculty whose primary duty is teaching, with the balance of the TERA money dedicated to provide base-budget support to FACET.