From Academic Guide
Revision as of 20:37, 29 May 2010 by Admin
(Approved: UFC 4/23/91; Trustees 5/3/91)
- 1. Participants in any of the approved IU Retirement Plans who have terminated employment with the University through separation or retirement may elect to receive up to 100% of accumulations in cash, subject to any restrictions applied by the investment vehicle.
- 2. Such participants may elect to take either one pay-out or several pay-outs spread over a period of years.
- 3. No restrictions shall be placed on any funds so removed from an approved retirement plan.
- 4. No in-service distributions shall be available to active employees.
- 5. Participants (and spouses) shall be required to sign a "hold-harmless" agreement, stating that the University is not responsible for any misuse or poor management of the funds removed from the retirement plan.