An editor is usually a non-technical person who manages the content of a web site, or who refreshes that content. In some organizations editors also play a role in approving the content before it goes live, as well as publishing content.
For smaller projects, and editor may play all three roles; editor, approver, publisher. In larger organizations a team of editors may share the responsibilites of content management and collaboration between individuals. The functionality of IU's WCMS including workflows, allows for a streamlined, managed approach to content.
- WYSIWYG content editor with optional HTML views
- Folder based navigation menus
- Collaborate with other editors, approvers, or publishers through workflows
- Ensure content freshness and relevancy with expiration reminders
- Know and manage the content lifecycle with version history and audit controls
- Check-in and check-out processes for content
- Enterprise search capabilities